E-mail MeBrian M. Ricci
Brian M. Ricci concentrates in Workers Compensation, Social Security Disability, Auto Accidents and Medical Malpractice. Brian is recognized in North Carolina and nationally as an advocate of workers who are injured on the job. Brian was appointed in July, 2002 to serve as a member on the Board of Directors of the Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group. This group is made up of lawyers throughout the country dedicated to protecting the rights of those injured on the job through injury or disease. Brian also is a past council member of the N.C. Bar Association Workers Compensation Section.
Brian has also been certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in Social Security Disability Law.
Brian's goal is to provide each client with the very best legal representation available. Brian believes that each client should have full access to their attorney, be kept informed regarding the status of their case and that phone calls be returned in a timely manner. Brian is proud to represent and fight for the rights of the injured against insurance companies, employers, corporations, and government agencies.
Brian is a life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership is limited to attorneys who have million dollar settlements and/or a verdict in excess of one million dollars. Fewer than 1% of all US lawyers are members.
Brian has also been selected for membership in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers - North Carolina. Membership is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and profile as plaintiff trial lawyers.
Brian is also a member of the workers compensation and social security disability sections of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ); workers compensation section, of American Association for Justice (AAJ); and a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Disability Claimant's Representative. (NOSSCR).
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Social Security -- Disability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Social Security Disability Law, North Carolina State Bar, 2006
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2003
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1997
- East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- B.A.magna cum laude - 1994
- Major: Political Science
- Speaker Disability Advocacy Training, November 14, 2003
- Speaker Preparing for the Social Security Specialization Examination, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, September 15, 2006
- Speaker Preparing for the Social Security Specialization Examination, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, October 8, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - North Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), Board Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), Sustaining Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers - North Carolina