North Carolina’s winter storms can produce rain, snow and sleet all at once. This can lead to dangerous driving conditions and car accidents. Every year, over 116,000 people in the United States are injured in auto accidents that occur in snowy conditions. Fortunately, there are things you can do to keep both you and your family safe on the roads this winter, including:
- Be aware of inclement weather conditions such as high winds, low and dropping temperatures, fog, rain, sleet, heavy and accumulating snow and reduced visibility.
- Make sure your tires are ready for the winter ahead with enough tread and air pressure.
- Check fluid levels in your car consistently. This can include windshield wiper fluid, oil and antifreeze.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are working correctly. If they are worn or cracked, replace them as quickly as possible.
- Maintain a safe driving distance between you and other drivers at all times.
- Drive slower than usual to avoid sliding on the roads.
The attorneys at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers want you and your family to drive safely this winter. However, we do understand that auto accidents still can and do happen, despite taking the right precautions. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver, our dedicated lawyers can help.
To schedule your consultation, give our office a call at (252) 777-2222. Our auto accident litigators are committed to helping clients in Greenville, Raleigh and the surrounding North Carolina areas.