FREE Consultation: (252) 777-2222
Invokana (canagliflozin) is a prescription drug manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals and used to treat patients with Type 2 diabetes. While it has been widely prescribed to diabetics across the country, Invokana has been linked to a number of serious adverse side effects, including:
- Kidney failure
- Heart attack
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Increased risks of amputations
If you or a loved one have experienced any adverse health effects while taking Invokana, you may have the right to recover monetary compensation for your losses, including your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our Greenville product liability lawyers at Ricci Law Firm, P.A. are actively reviewing cases from patients and families across the region who have suffered injuries and losses while taking Invokana, and we are readily available to help you learn about your right to a financial recovery.
Discuss your case and rights during a FREE consultation. Call (252) 777-2222 to speak with an Invokana injury attorney from Ricci Law Firm, P.A.
Why Choose Ricci Law Firm, P.A.?
- Millions of Dollars in Compensation Recovered
- Over Six Decades of Combined Experience
- Personalized Service & Attention
- Contingency Fees – No Fee Unless We Win
Invokana & Associated Risks
Invokana has been associated with a number of adverse side effects and risks not initially disclosed by its manufacturer, Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Several studies have found that patients taking the Type 2 diabetes drug were at increased risks for serious and even fatal complications, including:
- Amputations – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning in May 2017 regarding increased risks of amputation in patients taking Invokana. According to several studies, patients on Invokana were found to be twice as likely to experience foot, toe, and leg amputations as those who did not take the medication.
- Kidney Failure – Patients taking Invokana have been found to have increased risks of kidney failure. When the kidneys shut down, they are no longer capable of filtering blood, which can lead to weakness of the body, lethargy, abnormal heartbeat, and sudden death.
- Ketoacidosis – Ketoacidosis is a serious complication caused by a decreased supply of insulin. As a result, the body begins to burn fat, resulting in higher levels of toxic acids, or ketones, in the bloodstream. Symptoms can include excessive thirst, vomiting, abdominal pain, increased heartrate, low blood pressure, and more.
- Heart Attack – Patients taking Invokana face greater risks of heart attacks dueto restricted blood flow to the heart, sometimes with fatal consequences.
Protect Your Rights With a Proven Legal Team
Ricci Law Firm, P.A. is passionate about protecting the rights of injured victims and families who suffer preventable harm as a result of taking unsafe medications. Under product liability laws, manufacturers – including pharmaceutical companies that make medications available to the public without fully testing them or alerting consumers about associated risks – can be held liable when those products cause harm to consumers who used them as intended.
If you would like to discuss a potential case with a member of our legal team, we encourage you to contact us for a FREE consultation.