Dedicated Advocates for the Injured in North Carolina
Suffering a serious car accident injury can devastate your life and the lives of your family members. Our Greenville car accident lawyers can handle all aspects of your accident case so that you can focus on healing from the pain and physical trauma you suffered.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Some of the most common causes of car accidents leading to injury claims are:
- General distracted driving (talking to passengers, eating snacks, reading, adjusting audio controls)
- Cell phone use while driving / texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defective vehicles
- Dangerous roads
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
When a careless driver or other factors beyond your control cause an accident that injures you, then you deserve compensation. The negligence and fault laws in North Carolina can be complex, and you need a skilled and aggressive attorney to navigate these laws while fighting for compensation on your behalf. Our lawyers can be your advocates from the moment you choose us to all the way through the resolution of your case, whether that involves settling out of court or taking your case to trial.
Holding Drunk Drivers Accountable
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, thousands of people are killed every year in US drunk driving accidents. As Greenville auto accident lawyers, we have seen the devastating ways that these car crashes can alter our clients’ lives and their quality of life. We fight every day for people who have been injured or killed because of someone else’s negligence.
Compared to other types of auto accidents, there are certain factors unique to drunk driving cases, namely:
- Dram shop liability: In certain cases, restaurants and bars can be liable for damages if they served a person who was obviously intoxicated and who then caused an auto accident.
- Punitive damages: Compensation awards meant to punish the drunk driver and deter future wrongdoing may or may not be a possibility. Our experienced attorneys can determine whether punitive damages are likely to be awarded in your case.
- Criminal conviction: If the drunk driver is convicted of a crime, the conviction can be advantageous in your accident case. Our attorneys know how to work with prosecutors to fight to hold the drunk driver accountable.
Losing a loved one or suffering a catastrophic injury because of the actions of a drunk driver is a frustrating and tragic thing to experience. As a careful, responsible driver, your life can be turned upside down because of the negligence of another driver. Let us help you fight for compensation and justice.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After getting in a car crash, you probably feel overwhelmed, frustrated and alone. The experienced accident lawyers at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers understand how trying your situation is, and we are ready to stand at your side and pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Generally speaking, these may be good things to do if you are able to do them safely:
- Take pictures of your vehicle, the scene of the accident, and of your injuries.
- Start keeping a journal of anything you remember related to the accident before your memory begins to get foggy.
- Do not provide a recorded statement without an attorney
- If you were injured, get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Call our experienced lawyers so they can begin building a strategic case for you.
Why Hire an Accident Attorney After a Car Crash?
After getting in a car accident, you have many burdens you have to deal with all at once. Our experienced accident lawyers can help you fight for that compensation. We know you have many questions and obstacles to overcome as you try to heal from your injuries.
We can help you address all of these questions and others:
- How will I pay my medical bills?
- How will I pay for damage to my car?
- How will I support myself and my family while I’m unable to work?
- How will I replace my lost income?
- Why do I have to deal with excruciating pain and suffering while the other party is not held accountable?
Having an attorney at your side can often be the difference between maximizing your compensation and being offered an unfair, insubstantial and inadequate insurance settlement.