Even minor car accidents can lead to serious physical and emotional harm, extensive medical bills, and time off work. If you have been injured in a car accident due to another’s negligence, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, emotional pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Ricci Law Firm, our experienced car accident injury team will review your case, determine fault, calculate damages, and negotiate for the highest possible compensation. For decades, we have been aggressively advocating for victims of motor vehicle accidents, and we have an impressive track record of obtaining the maximum recovery in a timely manner.
Common Causes of Fayetteville Auto Accidents
Auto accidents can occur for myriad reasons and are not always the fault of another, but negligence often plays a role in crashes. Some of the most common causes of negligence-based motor vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted driving.
- Drowsy or fatigued driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Faulty vehicle parts.
- Dangerous roads.
- Reckless driving.
When the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another cause an accident in which you are hurt, you have a right to seek compensation and justice. North Carolina negligence laws are complex, and proving fault can be challenging, especially when recovering from an injury. It is in your best interest to seek immediate legal counsel from an experienced Fayetteville auto accident attorney if you have been harmed.
At Ricci Law Firm, our car accident attorneys will help you navigate these laws, get the medical treatment you need, and fight for maximum compensation. Although we always strive to settle out of court, we are ready to fight for you at trial. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
What To Do After a Fayetteville Car Crash
You can take steps after an auto accident to protect your health and safety and improve your ability to obtain compensation in a car accident injury lawsuit.
- Call 911. Not only will this ensure everyone’s safety, but calling 911 will generate an official police report, which can be invaluable to a personal injury lawsuit.
- Exchange insurance and contact info with other involved parties but do not discuss the details of the accident. Even saying “I’m sorry” can come back to bite you.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries, property damage, and factors that may have contributed to the accident, such as a blocked stop sign.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Seek immediate medical treatment. Even severe injuries, such as internal bleeding and soft-tissue damage, may not produce symptoms for days or weeks.
- Call a local lawyer well-versed in auto negligence law.
You may be entitled to recover substantial compensation for any damages suffered. To succeed, you must prove that your injuries were caused by another’s negligence and that you incurred actual losses. A seasoned Fayetteville auto accident lawyer can help you gather evidence to substantiate your claim and position you for the most favorable outcome.
When you are seriously injured, there is much more at stake than physical recovery. If the injury is serious enough you cannot work for weeks, months, or even longer, the loss of income can be devastating. Combine that with mounting medical expenses, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Common Damages in a Fayetteville Car Accident Lawsuit
Although the damages you can recover will depend mainly on the circumstances and severity of your accident, certain damages are commonly awarded in motor vehicle accident cases. These include:
- Medical expenses, current and future.
- Lost wages, current and future.
- Emotional pain and suffering.
- Property damage expenses.
- Alternative transportation expenses.
- Wrongful death.
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, you may be able to obtain compensation by bringing a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party. An experienced Fayetteville wrongful death attorney can help you determine how to move forward.
Contact Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a car accident, we can help. Insurance companies are notorious for low-balling initial settlement offers, especially when injury victims come to the table without skilled legal representation. Don’t make that mistake. Contact Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers today for a free and confidential consultation about your motor vehicle injury case.