Resourceful Havelock Car Accident Lawyers Who Are on Your Side
The City of Havelock, North Carolina, extends to the Neuse River, and it is a very pleasant place to live, visit, and explore. Havelock houses Cherry Point, one of the largest Marine Corps air stations anywhere, which helps to keep things bustling. U.S. Highway 70 travels directly through Havelock, and while this makes getting where you need to be convenient, it is also the site of far too many traffic accidents. If another motorist leaves you injured in a car accident, don’t put off consulting with an experienced Havelock car accident attorney.
Ricci Law Is Here to Help
Even relatively minor car accidents can have lasting negative consequences that reverberate into your future. Obtaining compensation that covers your full array of damages is essential to your ability to heal, and the trusted car accident attorneys at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers in Havelock are standing by to help. We take on all our cases with an approach that focuses on:
- Skillfully applying our more than six decades of combined experience in pursuit of beneficial claims resolutions for all our clients
- Addressing each case with fresh eyes and taking an individualized approach that addresses every client’s unique needs, goals, and priorities
- Applying our ample resources to ensure that we allow every claim the special attention it deserves, including hiring expert witnesses and whatever other additional steps are necessary
Your claim is important to your future, and we take our commitment to your claim extremely seriously.
Considering the Statistics
There is no shortage of car accidents in North Carolina, and the following statistics from the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles bears this out:
- In 2019, there were 1,470 traffic deaths, which is an increase from 2018.
- In 2019, 125,232 people suffered injuries in traffic accidents.
- With more than 250,000 crashes, 2019 saw an increase in total traffic accidents (over the number for 2018).
- Speeding played a critical role in more than a quarter of all traffic fatalities in 2019.
Car accidents happen, and they often lead to serious physical, financial, and emotional damages.
Your Physical Injuries
Although car accidents can lead to nearly any kind of injury, the most common include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Open head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and other serious injuries to the shoulders, neck, and back
- Catastrophic injuries, including paralysis and injuries requiring amputation (such as crush injuries)
- Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Internal injuries, such as internal bleeding and injuries to internal organs
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Serious burns
- Cuts, abrasions, and puncture wounds
Some of these injuries can be slow to present with symptoms, which may translate to not receiving the medical attention you need when you need it. Further, it’s important to take into account the emotional consequences of being injured in a terrifying car accident that was caused by another motorist’s negligence, which can be exceptionally difficult.
Filing Your Claim
You’ve been injured by someone else’s carelessness, and you’re naturally going through a difficult time. It’s important to keep in mind, however, that you do face time constraints. In North Carolina, the statute of limitations is three years, which means you have only three years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. While three years may feel like plenty of time, your recovery and negotiations with the insurance company can push things well beyond the three-year mark. Working closely with an experienced car accident attorney will help ensure that your case is well protected throughout the process.
Assessing Your Damages
The best way to protect your right to fair compensation is by ensuring that both your economic and non-economic damages are carefully addressed.
Your Economic Damages
Economic damages refer to those losses to which you can assign a price, including:
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Your full range of medical expenses, including treatment and care that is needed into the future
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Loss of wages and any downturn in earning potential
Your Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages aren’t associated with a specific cost, but they often represent serious losses. These include your physical and emotional pain and suffering, which can lead to significant psychological effects, including:
- Increased anxiety
- Bouts of depression
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating
- Emotional lability
- Severe changes in mood
- Crying jags
- Fear of getting back behind the wheel
These emotional consequences can prove very difficult to move past.
In North Carolina, fault plays an important role in your car accident claim. If the jury at your trial finds that you are even 1 percent to blame for the accident that leaves you injured, you cannot be compensated for the damages you sustain. This hardline policy is unique to the state, and it makes working closely with an accomplished car accident lawyer even more important.
The Cost of an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
At Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we understand the stress you are dealing with and know that you don’t need the additional worry of wondering how you are going to afford an experienced car accident attorney. We address this issue by working on a contingency basis that leaves you free to focus your energy on your recovery and your claim without the need to shoulder additional financial concerns. Our pay is contingent upon you receiving either a settlement or a court award, and when you do, our pay is a predetermined percentage of that settlement or award.
Seek the Professional Legal Counsel of Our Experienced Havelock Car Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured by another driver’s negligence, you face a difficult path forward, but the focused car accident attorneys at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers, proudly serving Havelock, North Carolina, are here to help with a combined 60 years of experience backing us up. Our dedicated legal team takes an individualized approach to every case we take on, and we’re here for you, too. To learn more, please contact or call us at 252-787-7816 today.