Dedicated Plymouth Car Accident Lawyers Guiding Victims’ Claims Toward Favorable Resolutions
Plymouth, North Carolina, has pride of place, located on the Roanoke River about seven miles before it enters the Albemarle Sound in the state’s inner banks region. Plymouth connects to the rest of the state and beyond via North Carolina Highway 99, and it sees its fair share of both local and tourist traffic, which often translates to high-speed traffic accidents. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, reach out to an experienced Plymouth car accident lawyer.
Why Ricci Law Firm Is a Good Choice for You
You’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence in a car accident, and it leaves you in a vulnerable position. Not only are you physically injured and facing mounting medical expenses, but you may also be experiencing decreased earnings as you take time off the job to recover. Now is not a great time to take on the insurance company in your negotiations for compensation that covers your losses in their entirety. At Ricci Law Firm, we understand your dilemma and are well-positioned to help.
At Ricci Law Firm, we have more than 60 years of combined experience, and we take great pride in employing this impressive experience in zealous pursuit of our clients’ just compensation.
At Ricci Law Firm, we recognize that your car accident claim and your personal journey toward healing are unique to you, and we dedicate our practice to providing every client with the personalized legal attention they deserve and to applying an individualized approach to every claim.
At Ricci Law Firm, we have the necessary resources to help see your claim to its most positive conclusion, and this means whether it settles with the insurance company or it moves on to court. While most claims do settle out of court, this isn’t always the case, and we’re well prepared to do whatever’s best for you and your claim.
Car Accidents Happen
North Carolina’s track record for traffic accidents isn’t great, and the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles shares several sobering statistics from 2019 that back this statement up, including:
- There were 1,470 traffic fatalities (an increase over 2018).
- There were 125,232 injuries caused by traffic accidents.
- Overall, traffic accidents (at 258,074) increased over 2018.
- Speeding played a role in a full quarter of all traffic fatalities.
Serious Associated Injuries
Even relatively minor car accidents can cause serious injuries, and as these accidents become more serious, so too do the associated injuries. Some of the injuries that are most common to car accidents include:
- Broken, fractured, and dislocated bones
- Burns, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis and other severe neck and back injuries
- Crush injuries and others that require amputation
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
In addition to physical injuries, violent car accidents often beget devastating emotional consequences that can have lasting effects. The only way to reach your fullest recovery is by succinctly addressing your complete damages, which include your psychological hurdles. At Ricci Law Firm, we have close working relationships with experts in the field of both physical and mental health to help ensure that your claim is an accurate reflection of your total losses.
In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit is three years from the date of your injury-causing accident. This statute dictates that, after this three-year window, your opportunity to file disappears, which leaves you with no further options. It’s also important to note that the insurance company involved also has time limits in place that require claimants to report their claims promptly. While three years may strike you as ample time to file a car accident case, the insurance process is both laborious and time-consuming and can gobble up three years before you know it. In other words, watching your clock and working closely with an experienced Plymouth car accident attorney are both well-advised.
If you’ve been injured by a negligent driver, just compensation is critical, and the general categories of compensation sought include:
- Medical expenses – Compensation for your medical expenses can include complete coverage of your related medical bills in addition to coverage for physical therapy, pain management, rehabilitation, prescription meds, and beyond.
- Lost wages – If your injuries prevent you from returning to work while you recover, you can seek compensation for these financial losses in addition to any lost earning potential into the future.
- Pain and suffering – Because the law recognizes how difficult the emotional damages related to violent car accidents can be, it allows compensation for this very real form of loss.
- Property damage – You can also pursue compensation for the property damage to your vehicle.
The amount of compensation you receive will be specific to the circumstances involved, including the severity of your injuries and the extent of your losses.
Affording Your Car Accident Attorney
Many people are concerned about whether or not they can afford a car accident attorney. After being injured on the road by another driver’s negligence, you shouldn’t also be burdened by nagging questions about how you’re going to afford professional legal counsel. At Ricci Law Firm, we work on a contingency basis, which means that you won’t need to worry about paying us until after your claim has settled or your case reaches a verdict (at which time, you’ll pay a pre-arranged percentage of your claim). You’ve been through enough, and this arrangement allows you the breathing room you need to help you recover while we skillfully advocate for the compensation to which you are entitled.
Reach Out and Consult With an Experienced Plymouth Car Accident Attorney Today
At Ricci Law Firm in Plymouth, North Carolina, our impressively experienced car accident lawyers have the resources, legal skill, and drive to help you, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 252-787-7816 today.