Turn to Experienced Robersonville Car Accident Lawyers for the Legal Counsel You Need
Robersonville, North Carolina, is a small town with plenty of big charm and natural beauty. Nestled in the state’s inner banks region, Robersonville is home to the East Carolina Motor Speedway. Located on U.S. Highway 64, Robersonville experiences considerable high-speed traffic, which translates to a considerable number of high-speed accidents. If another driver’s negligence causes you or someone you love to be injured, it’s time to consult with an experienced Robersonville car accident attorney.
Turn to Ricci Law for the Help You Need
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you are facing a difficult path forward. Obtaining the compensation you are owed and that you need to regain your health and well-being is a complex process, and you are not in a great position to take on the insurance company involved. Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers in Robersonville, however, is here to help. We understand the immensity of your predicament, and toward this end, we offer all of the following:
- More than 60 combined years of experience helping clients like you recover on your car accident-related damages
- A personalized approach that addresses the unique circumstances of your situation and that helps forge your strongest claim
- The resources necessary to take your claim in the direction it needs to go, whether this means settling out of court or moving forward with litigation
Your case needs special handling, and we’re here for you.
As reported by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, the following statistics highlight exactly how prevalent and dangerous car accidents are:
- In 2019, traffic fatalities in North Carolina reached 1,470, which is an increase over the number that took place in 2018.
- In 2019, traffic accidents left 125,232 people injured.
- In 2019, there was an overall increase in traffic accidents from 2018, with more than 250,000 crashes in total.
- Excessive speed was at the root of more than a quarter of all traffic fatalities in 2019.
Car accidents are obviously a considerable concern in North Carolina.
Injuries Common to Car Accidents
Those injuries that are most commonly associated with car accidents include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Open head wounds
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Lacerations, abrasions, puncture wounds, and burns
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding and internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries and other injuries to the neck, back, and shoulders
- Catastrophic injuries, such as paralysis and injuries that require amputations
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash
These injuries can go on to cause secondary health concerns, and they often require ongoing medical attention, which makes assessing your injuries’ overall effects essential.
Like other states, North Carolina has a time constraint when it comes to car accident claims. This constraint is called a statute of limitations. In North Carolina, you must file your lawsuit within three years of the precipitating car accident or forfeit your right to do so. The insurance company also places a time constraint on your claim, and if you don’t file soon after the accident in question, the insurance company may deny your claim out of hand. In other words, it’s imperative that you remain on top of your claim and consult with a dedicated car accident attorney as soon after the accident as possible. Time has a way of quickly evaporating in the wake of a disruptive car accident, and you don’t want to lose your opportunity to pursue just compensation.
Your Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Pursuing the damages to which you are entitled is important to your ability to fully heal, and in order to do this, you need to assess what those damages are. Both your economic (those with a price tag) and non-economic (those without a price tag) damages can be divided into the following categories:
- Your medical bills, which can be considerable
- The cost of physical therapy, rehabilitation, pain management, medical devices, and prescription medications
- Lost earnings and any decrease in your earning potential
- Pain and suffering, including any decrease in your quality of life
- Property damage to your vehicle
Your compensation will be predicated on the specific circumstances of your case.
Fault in Your Car Accident Case
Fault in North Carolina car accident claims can play a very different role than it does in most other states, which makes it important to consider fault very carefully. Our state employs a contributory negligence system, which means that your accident claim will proceed through the at-fault party’s insurance coverage, but if you are deemed to be even somewhat at fault for the accident that leaves you injured, you will have no legal recourse for recovering on your damages. This fact can be very motivating to the involved insurance provider, which may attempt to shift fault toward you.
You Can Afford an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you’re worried about how you are going to afford a dedicated Robersonville car accident lawyer in the midst of your mounting medical bills and dwindling earnings, you needn’t be. At Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers, we are paid on a contingency basis, which means that the amount we earn is contingent on the amount we recover for you (either in the form of a settlement or a court award), at which point you’ll owe a predetermined percentage of your compensation. As such, you don’t need to concern yourself with legal expenses as you move through the claims process.
Don’t Wait to Consult With Our Experienced Robersonville Car Accident Attorneys
If another motorist leaves you or someone you love injured, the well-respected car accident lawyers at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers, proudly serving Robersonville, North Carolina, have the skill, drive, and legal insight to help you obtain just compensation that covers your damages in their entirety. Our savvy legal team has more than 60 years of combined experience behind us, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at 252-787-7816 to learn more about how we can help you today.