Experienced Williamston Car Accident Lawyers Helping Victims Recover Just Compensation
Williamston is a beautiful rural town nestled on the banks of the Roanoke River in North Carolina, and it’s difficult to imagine a more pleasant spot to live, work, or visit. With two historic districts, Williamston has a lot to offer, but it is not immune from traffic and dangerous car accidents. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, don’t wait to consult with an experienced Williamston car accident lawyer.
Turn to Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers for the Legal Help You Need
The injuries you sustain in a dangerous car accident can be life altering, and obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled plays an essential role in your ability to move forward toward healing. The accomplished Williamston car accident lawyers at Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers have a wealth of experience skillfully guiding car accidents claims like yours toward their most favorable conclusions – whether this means settling for compensation that covers your complete range of damages or ultimately going to court. Our skilled car accident lawyers have more than 60 years of combined experience, and we take great pride in serving Williamston. Our focus is on providing excellent legal services with a personal touch that takes you and your unique circumstances into careful consideration. We have the legal skill, resources, and drive to help.
Car Accidents and Common Injuries
The physical impact of car accidents is often immense, and your resulting injuries can be exceptionally serious. While a car accident can lead to nearly any kind of injury, some of the most common include:
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries and other serious neck and back injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, abrasions, and puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Catastrophic injuries, including paralysis and internal organ damage
- Crush injuries and amputations
Many of the serious injuries that are common to car accidents evolve into ongoing health concerns that require medical care and attention into your future.
Injure in a Williamston Car Accident? Take These Steps
If a driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a Williamston car accident, your situation will be unique to the circumstances involved, but the steps you should take remain the same and include (as applicable):
- Move your vehicle as far out of the line of traffic as possible.
- Call 911 and report the accident.
- If you can, render aid to anyone at the scene who needs it.
- Exchange your name, contact information, and driver’s license number with the other driver involved.
- Accept medical attention at the scene, and if it’s not available, seek it as soon after the accident as possible.
- If you’re able to do so, snap pictures and take videos at the scene to help preserve evidence.
- Gather eyewitness testimony (including contact information).
- Consult with an experienced Williamston car accident lawyer as soon as you are able to do so.
Following these steps will help ensure that you protect both your health and your car accident claim.
The damages – or losses – you suffer in a car accident that’s caused by another driver’s negligence can be immense, and they typically fall into the following categories:
- Medical expenses that range from emergency care to hospital stays, surgery, pain management, rehabilitation, and much more
- Lost earnings that can hit especially hard (as you watch your medical bills mount)
- Pain and suffering that can be a serious emotional burden
Obtaining compensation that covers your damages in their entirety is key to your recovery.
Car accidents are often the result of driver negligence, which can come in all of the following frightening forms:
- Distraction – Distracted drivers don’t pay adequate attention to the road ahead and the traffic all around them, and they make our roadways far more dangerous for everyone on them. The most common and the most dangerous distraction out there is texting, which often proves deadly behind the wheel.
- Impairment – Drivers who are impaired can suffer cognitive, physical, and sensory deficits that make driving safely nearly impossible.
- Excess Speed – When drivers exceed a safe speed (whether it’s the speed limit or a lower speed that’s predicated on the road’s condition), they not only make car accidents more likely but also make them more likely to prove fatal.
- Exhaustion – Exhaustion leads to many of the same impairments that alcohol does, which makes drowsy drivers exceptionally dangerous drivers.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers take negligence up a few notches and often engage in more than one dangerous driving practice at a time.
Your Car Accident Claim and the Insurance Company
The fact is that your car accident claim will proceed through the involved car insurance company, which is specifically paid to cover your losses. This does not, however, mean that you will automatically receive a settlement that covers your full range of physical, financial, and emotional damages. Just like other businesses, insurance companies are for-profit enterprises that do what they can to ensure their profits remain healthy. Toward this end, they may engage in any number of the following:
- Denying your claim before even seriously considering it
- Offering an early, lowball settlement before you’re fully aware of your complete damages
- Making the claims process more difficult and/or lengthier than it needs to be
- Attempting to shift blame away from the rightful party and toward you
- Attempting to minimize the extent of your damages
The insurance company involved in your claim will do what it can to diminish your settlement, but with a savvy Williamston car accident lawyer in your corner, you’ll be far better positioned to fight back effectively and efficiently.
Give Us a Call and Consult with an Experienced Williamston Car Accident Attorney Today
At Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers in Williamston, our practiced car accident attorneys are well equipped to help guide your claim toward a favorable resolution that allows you to reach your fullest recovery. Your recovery is far too important not to bring your strongest claim, so please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at (252) 777-2222 for more information about how we can help you today.