When you sustain a serious on-the-job injury, there are a number of consequences and burdens you may be immediately facing. Medical bills are just one aspect. If you can’t perform your job duties because of your injury, you may be wondering how you will continue to earn wages. You may be wondering how you will afford prescription medications, rehabilitative treatment, and how you can afford the gas to drive to and from your medical appointments. Fortunately, workers’ compensation benefits in North Carolina are designed to compensate for these types of things.
Though an individualized consultation is needed to determine exactly what you are entitled to, generally workers’ compensation benefits may include:
- Payment for necessary medical care
- Disability benefits while you are unable to work, at a rate of 66 and 2/3 your average weekly wage
- Benefits for permanent injury
- Reimbursement for travel between your home and where you go for medical care
- Reimbursement for prescriptions
- Payment of future medical care
- Reimbursement for rehabilitation and/or job retraining
Injuries on the job are unfortunately a risk of most workplaces today, but you deserve the benefits you are owed in the event of a work injury or occupational injury.
If you live in Raleigh, Greenville, Fayetteville or any of the surrounding areas and have been injured on the job, please call Ricci Law Firm at (252) 777-2222 for a free case review. Our experienced workers’ comp lawyers are prepared to fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.