As a pedestrian, you are completely vulnerable to getting hurt when your path intersects with motorists. Pedestrians suffer severe personal injury at staggering rates in America. Sometimes these accidents are the fault of the pedestrian, sometimes the motorist.
If you believe a careless driver or someone else’s negligence is the reason you were injured in a pedestrian accident, please contact Ricci Law Firm Injury Lawyers to discuss your case. Our Greenville pedestrian accident lawyers are backed by six decades of collective legal experience and have recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients in the past*.
For a free case evaluation and to learn how our experienced advocates can help you, call (252) 777-2222.
Factors that Commonly Contribute to Pedestrian Accidents
As someone walking on a sidewalk or crosswalk, or otherwise trying to travel by foot alongside motor vehicles, you can be catastrophically injured if a car hits you or if you are nearby when a car accident occurs. Without any protection against the vehicle, you could suffer severely broken bones and even more severe injuries like amputation. Tragically, a significant number of people are killed in pedestrian accidents each year.
There are many ways motorists can cause accidents involving pedestrians, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving
- Failure to yield right-of-way to pedestrians
- Speeding, particularly in neighborhoods, SCHOOL ZONES and other places children are likely present
Children are some of the most vulnerable individuals to pedestrian accidents. Children may be less likely to remember to look before crossing the road. They may think a driver sees them when the driver does not. In school zones, neighborhoods and near parks, children may dart out from the sidewalk or from between parked cars. For these reasons, it’s important to be especially cautious when driving in areas where children are likely to be present.
Potential Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident Claim
As the victim of a pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover compensation for how the injury has impacted your life, including the following:
- Lost wages and/or income from being unable to work
- Medical expenses related to your injury
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
In the case of the wrongful death of a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for funeral and other end-of-life expenses, your loved one’s medical bills, lost financial contributions and earning capacity, as well as for your loss of companionship.
Do not hesitate to reach out to our Greenville pedestrian accident attorneys at (252) 777-2222.
Blogs Relating to Pedestrian Accidents
- PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT KILLS WOMAN IN GREENVILLE, NC
- MAN KILLED IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN GARNER, NC
- WOMAN KILLED IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ON W PETTIGREW ST IN DURHAM, NC
- TEEN INJURED IN BICYCLE CRASH IN MOCKSVILLE, NC
- MAN KILLED IN BERNARDSVILLE, NC PEDESTRIAN CRASH ON NC-197
- 72-YEAR-OLD KILLED IN BICYCLE CRASH IN SNEADS FERRY, NC
- MAN INJURED IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN FAYETTEVILLE, NC
- MAN KILLED IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ON GOLD KNOB RD IN SALISBURY, NC
- SERIOUS PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN RALEIGH, NC
- TWO KILLED IN FATAL PEDESTRIAN CRASH IN SUNSET BEACH, NC
- THE MOST COMMON WAYS FOR A BICYCLIST TO BE HIT BY A MOTORIST